Open Letter to Bob Roll:

I recently read Bob Roll's book titled "Bobke II". This book is in my opinion one of the most encouraging things I have read so far. I say this because Bob Roll was never that fast. I am not discrediting him as a rider in any way. But when at pro caliber races he didn't just show up and just destroy everyone. The thing is at every bike race there are between 2 and 2,000 people lined up to race. What Bob's book highlighted was when he was happy with the small victories of not getting dropped too bad, or too quickly, or hanging in there til it was all flat tires then still having a good time. The book showed me that even though I am coming around and trying to not be too serious while still being serious, I still have a long ways to loosen up before the fun really begins.

So to Bob Roll, if you ever happen upon this, which is unlikely. Thanks. For chronicling how you lived life and had a great time. I will being doing my best to hit some of those things on the bucket list he has left his readers to ponder. I'm marking my calendar with some serious plans for the future.

Also, in super cool news, I have an opportunity so cool that I shouldn't talk about it because if it doesn't happen everyone will be sad. But let's just say there is a chance that in the next few months I could do some really cool things that leave me a good ole 'merican shit-ton of stuff to write about.

This weekend I am racing the Smith and Nephew Omnium. A little disappointed in the 9.2 mile Cat 5 Circuit race but I'm not putting on the race. And no one is making me race. So I should just STFU and get ready to go have fun. The following week I plan to head to Nashville to race the Hamilton Creek 50 mile mountain bike race. I have some fun parts coming for the Felt Nine Race to hopefully complete the geared bike awesomeness that it is.

And for the record guys and gals. . . . I love chocolate milk. I don't think there is much time I would turn it down as long as I wasn't riding. So maybe in the future instead of beer, a mid-afternoon donut and milk drop would be pretty awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts