Black and White? Nah Brah Totally Gray.

I should one day publish an entire blog post about things my dad says. He is full of great and witty comments for just about any situation. I have used some examples in the past, will in this moment, and will long into the future.

*person in fancy car is in the way when you are driving, holds you up by not using a turn signal*
"I'm glad I can't afford a ___________, those damn things don't even have blinkers. Hell even the S-10 had blinkers." The S-10 was a 1982 Chevy S-10 single cab pickup truck that had about a billion miles on it and was a stick shift. I learned to drive a stick in that truck.

Over the years I have yet to figure out if I am the way that I am because I work hard. I would give credit to my wonderful parents, grandparents, and older sister for dealing with me during my wee years. I could say that they were/are great in teaching me how to work hard and produce good work. On the other hand I could say they allowed me to become an arrogant, hard headed, self righteous bastard who believes everything should be perfect. When things aren't perfect I go all bat dung crazy and freak out on people who aren't doing what they should be doing to make thing perfect. I ignorantly believe that everyone can perform on a certain level of brain level that allows them to not totally suck at everything.

The reality is nothing is black or white and I most certainly fall into a weird mixture of arrogant, self righteous, hard working bastard who is personally bat dung crazy.

In other not so new news, I will be moving out of my apartment in the near future. I'm going to be living "all the way out there" if you ask a Midtown person.   I plan to use a bunk bed/multiple sleeping options approach that will allow me to sleep in either a hammock or a bed, with the hammock being set up bunk bed style over the bed. I wonder if me or marley would enjoy sleeping in a hammock? Even the ability to go to bed and chill in the hammock and read for a while and then when ready to sleep crawl into a cool bed and go to sleep. I am looking forward to that very much. Also Marley will have a yard to play in, there is better road riding out there, and my commute to work will be far enough to justify wearing a chamois. Total win across all fronts.

Sorry for my total lack of pictures. I suck at that. Maybe some will come tomorrow as I attempt to take over the world. My day off includes riding, shopping for the shop, shopping at the shop, and rebuilding an Industry Nine wheel with a more reliable and rider weight appropriate Arch rim.

You should turn on your Pandora Radio and create a station using The Eagles as the jumping block.

Comments

Popular Posts