Things have been busy.

This last while has been hectic. I have been reading, writing and riding a bunch. Mid-termpapers/exams were just due this week and I had a hell of a time getting all that done and turned in on time. I also raced the cyclecross I mean Cyclocrunk. It was a ton of fun. BRB I'm gonna try and steal a pic. Success, thanks Tulio - sorry your knee kept you off the bike. After the Crunkness more fun stuff happened this week and everything is pretty hectic in a non-scholastic way too. All things work out in the end.
it was "too hot" for zipped up.
So it was my first race-ish debut in my BPC kit and the shit talking is already piling in. All in good fun. . . . I said all in good fun, right boys? Alright well with that rant over, my race went better than I thought it should, especially since my barrier training for this year was uhhhh, this race. I think my ungodly long legs coupled with my young stupidity allow me to abuse myself in that fashion and only limp for a few days afterwards. I didn't get lapped this year, which was a pretty good accomplishment since some legit people come to have fun. Dr. Big N Hairy showed up on the SS steel mountain bike. His words were something to the effect of "a lot more spandex and a lot less crunk than I expected". It was still tons of fun for everyone, I hope.

Next week I won't rock the Defeet UnD-Lite unless it is cooler outside. I got a little bit on the extra warm side, which made my very happy I had brought a clean jersey with me. I rode over from the house so I had a bag with some post-race grub, arm-warmers, a dry jersey, and a big rear taillight so I wouldn't get squished cruising back to the crib. All in all it was a great way to blow $7 dollars.

I will take my camera to document post-race finale Young Avenue shenanigans.

Oh, and yesterday a big box of cupcakes showed up at the shop. I got milk on the way to work today and had mine with a nice chocolate milk. MMMMM. We must be providing some Grade A asskissing service if we get that.

This morning I hit the drive through to the bank on my gravy train -aka Surly CrossCheck, then rode the new Greenline to go to Lowes and pick up electrical tape for the shop. I hit a pretty gnarly decent when re-entering the Greenline, for a fixed gear cross bike. I'll take photos while I'm on fall break and make a good blog that is worth reading, for once.

Keep it classy Cap'n Cyclist.

Comments

Popular Posts