Campy Electric, Cross Racing, & No One Cares.

So I just took a look at the first article I have seen about Campy Tech Lab Electronic Shifting. I can say that I am not at all impressed. Rough quote that won killed the article "ours is different from Di2. Theirs has 10 gears, ours has 11".

If you want to impress me do what FairWheels Bikes did. Make Di2 work with 13 gears on the freehub or something like that on a road bike. Or rework the shifting sequence, remove overlapping ratios, and use one shifter for a Di2 mountain setup. Now you got me hot and bothered.

But don't act like your shit don't stink because you have 11 gears and you made it shift with a button. We still can't reach the thumb button from the bottoms of the drops. I have big, hairy, manly hands and I can't shift Campy comfy from my drops. Anyone else thinking that Campy hoods feel like Shimano 9spd Tiagra hoods?

Sounds like Campy wanted to find a way to separate rich bastards from more of their money. Round of high fives, break out the cham-pain.  Rant about that over.

Cross season is in full swing and I want the tunnel style runup/ramp/underpass that they had in Louisville. Google it, it was rad. I have thought about how cool it would be have steps in a cross race every time I ride from my apartment and shoulder my bike when I get home to come inside.

Other Cross related news. Last crunk is Tuesday. I want to finish the race and boogey over to the bar and get loose. If I drink enough I will probably pronounce myself SS CRUNK CHAMP then steal Russ's Crown.


Sorry, no one probably cares. I'm going to eat waffles, play with my dog, and do homework. That is the order of importance/priority as well.

Comments

  1. I've got to say that I'm most amused by Campy's 11 cog rear because I imagine the whole campaign engendered by Spinal Tap: "Ours go to eleven!" I don't know if Spinal Tap is popular in Italy or not, but if it's not I don't want to know about it.

    In other news, the head mechanic while I worked at the shop in Durham now works at Fair Wheels in Tucson and has had a hand in some of their projects.

    Ride on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts