Not Wolverine, Not Spiderman. Just Matt.


All the bar tape are belong to beavers.




















We have enough tape, in enough styles and colors to meet the needs of anyone. Unless you want leather. In that case you would probably bitch about the near triple digit retail price and grumble about how 8 speed shifters are the best.

Almost doom for SuperFlossy 5k




















I can't remember if I posted this one or not, but if this large tree had fallen another 25 yards south, the race couldn't have happened. It was really neat to see that the power God gravity at work that let's things like this happen.

The first shipment of Niner Bikes




















I was standing in the D.C. talking with Joel about the ways to go with the launch party when suddenly there pretty red boxes in the bay, waiting to get tagged and sent to our various locations . . . like Union, Cordova, and my trunk. . . lol jk jk.

In really new news, I peeled and recovered a Fizik Arione Saddle on Thursday night. It had been an intense  day, a full blown ball busting day of fixing bikes and making people happy. It ended with a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale being dropped off by an ever-so-lovely BPC lady. The extra treat was getting to work on her super boss bike and make her mind at ease. 

I came home, ate a snack, drank a beer and decided to peel that foam and nonsense off. A trip to Michaels, some suede and glue, and 3 more beers later I had made a saddle recovered "Like a boss" but a friend told me it looked like a questionable pork chop in pictures. Is that a cop out? No. It's suede. Pics don't do it justice. You will see it in person if you come to watch cyclo crunk. Tomorrow morning I will ride it for the first time, just plastic and leather. Grundel Buster? Please. I hung my balls up over 2 years ago and haven't seen them since.


Pretty old picture of Marley
















It's not a blog without some Gnar Mar action.

Comments

Popular Posts