The voice with 100 watts.

Sorry I have been all weaksauce on updating lately. I have been pretty busy in general between getting Iced, riding my bike like this guy is chasing me, working on bikes, and doing school work. Sorry Charlie, life comes before the interwebz.

 Speaking of riding my bike alot, I rode the Trinity ride yesterday morning and didn't quite make it to the end, but sometimes that isn't too terrible. I chased the group for 2.5 miles willing myself to regain contact but I couldn't. I finally lost sight of the pack and just settled in to spin back to Ryan's house. I showered up, hit a mexican place, and went to work. I had to eat again during work and it was orgasmic. I had a milkshake large enough that my dog could have climbed inside the cup when I was done. Last night I got home and stretched out in the floor and ZONK 30 minutes disappeared. It was awesome.

Kris (my super awesome girlfriend, duh) came home from work and we watched Bubble Boy and ate some dinner. I loved that movie. It was just stupid funny the whole time. Back to getting dropped.

This morning I awoke after sleeping the sleep of the wicked and felt like a million bucks, or atleast one good Outdoors Super Spirited Sunday Spin-around. That's right, I just renamed the ride. Well I didn't have my shit together so I left the house a little late and ended up having to run WFO all the way from the front door to the ride to make it on time. I did catch Frank Reanuaoiuiolt (sp?) of Renn Multisport on Union and cruise in with him. I showed up and realized today was going to be a legit ride. I was a lil sore/ready to rumble all at once from Trinity, but some of the people there were fast, or on their tt bikes, or I was just in general setting myself up some excuses.

Things were good rolling out and I got some bickering about how pulling leading out down to the Mud Island was going to get me dropzillaed in 20 miles. I informed the gentleman I had done this ride more than once but he needed to hop front and pull if he was worried about me. Things were a tad faster than usual rolling out. The guy who bickered at me apologized rolling into the Forest, telling me he wasn't trying to put me down (read as I rode legit so far). Once in the Forest we were pitching up the 5th lil bump or so and David C. Jones is on my wheel. As I lost contact with the guy in front of me and a gap opened to 1.5 bike lengths he came around me and barked "come on". I swear his voice shot 100 watts into my legs because I found some juice to jump on his wheel and stay attached to the pack. Leaving the General Store I made a stupid attack on Watson and my legs flipped me of. I was dropped and it was still a good ways back. I chased from the sprint point on Watson all the way through the neighborhoods. I kept my head down and tried to pace the flats and attack each bump then sit and recover and pace to attack the next bump. I attacked every corner until finally I could see the group getting closer so I put my head down and didn't look up til I saw bikes again. I hung on through the rest of the fast stuff and felt good.

















Pretty much the whole post is a narcissistic recap of my two weekend road rides where I didn't get my ass handed to me in a fruit jar.

Oh and people, quit freaking out because I can ride my cross bike on the road. Yes it is heavy, just like your love handles.


Comments

Popular Posts