Ride, rest, and then be restless.

This morning the nosey and awake dogs went to town on bothering me until I got out of bed and allowed them use of the yard and filled their food bowls. I then poke around doing nothing until the last minute when I eat breakfast and rush out the door to ride to the Outdoors Union store to do a group ride. When I get there it was totally awesome (not) that there were only a few people going on that ride. I missed the e-mail that some guys got about a ride leaving from our shop around the same time going to the same place that helped split the riders. That and a MnB team ride and some guys rode early. I tried to do my part and ride hard enough to make it worth my time to go out on the bike today. Effectively the hammer & the nail. I wasn't wearing any Swiftwick socks at the time, these kittens are real cute. Hopefully Dr. Big n Hairy still has some of those cute kitties for you to pick up for free and save from the pound.


I am having second thoughts about everything, as usual. I am going faster on my cross bike but not sure that I need a road bike because I don't want to spend the money or open another credit card or something drastic in my haste to get on a new bike. I have been in drag for the sake of raising money before, but it was a school fundraiser and no one got super freshy-squeezey sleezy for money. Just the softball team and 1/2 the school giggling at my ability to strut in heels. Pardon my digress. I want to keep my single speed so I can ride it and race it but I would love to dump that money into another project. And if I ever really have to race SS I can do it with my geared bike and all the spare parts that are piled inside my apartment. I have a few low budget projects I want to try to see if I can lighten my bike without spending a ton of money. I figured I would take all my parts on a diet the ho-jangle way and see if my bike will still survive high speed descents. Either that or continue to use minimal tires and gear for the conditions and just HTFU and try to go fast. I have a way of justifying myself riding a heavy bike. It goes as follows:

Rider weight + bike weight + all gear = total weight.
145+26+10(for the sake of simplicity - I don't know the weight of all my junk I carry.) = 181 total pounds.

So why do 200+ pound guys get all huffy puffy about having a 19 pound bike? Well I understand so their power to weight doesn't make people giggle, but I think I have made my point. Racing my heavy bike I still carry less weight up the hills.


Who knew napping with this little pup would cause me to awake from my slumber thinking a stick of burning firewood stuck to my torso? I didn't. Indy did though. How can something be so cute yet so sneaky?


Enough rambling. I'm going to do something else.

Comments

Popular Posts