My Reason to Buy Local

The idea of scouring the net for the greatest deal makes some giddy.
Buy it on e-bay and save a few dollars, get a "great deal" on something "gently ridden" that's fine with me. I have seen plenty of horror stories of what could happen when you do that, and I also understand it is a great place to blow out some personal inventory and to get a great deal on some actually cool and legitimate find.

When you buy local you do things for me and you.
I will start with you.
You pay taxes, which in Tennessee is a pesky 9.25% of all sales.
Taxes pay for the roads you drive on to go to the park that houses the trail you ride. They pay for your child's tuition. Pretty cool huh? I think so, seeing as how I would like to be a teacher.

What is cool for me?
I get to see your pretty smiling face when you come in the shop.
I get to show you some cool parts, maybe even show you a lighter, more adjustable part that is better than that integrated road bar/stem set-up you were considering until I said that an FSA bar with a mid-level FSA stem is about the same weight. . . (the integrated set up is stiffer, but definitely not the best set-up for a 50 year old club rider who will only become less flexible in the coming years).
I have small parts, loads of them, and I can hook you up with a that lil bolt that goes in the back of this thing to hold my little wheel the chain goes through on the back back here. Which is fun, because you can't order the bolt for the thing-a-ma-jiggy, because you want to ride today. . .
That's what I am there for.
Your purchases are literally what I rely upon for survival. The local cyclists pay my bills. You allow me to go to college, go race, have fun.

How is good for both of us?
 Your investment in the shop invests into the future of your community as you help a young man becomes "the leader of tomorrow" by allowing him to go to college. You pay local taxes which allow all of us to have a good road to ride and parks to play in.

When was the last time you saw a guy from Price-Point picking up trash out of the parking lot at the trailhead? Do the guys at Colorado Cyclist lead group road rides?
I still <3 you all. I really do. I hope to see you in the shop soon, solving all minor catastrophes and making peoples day.

Comments

Popular Posts