Bike lust, bike envy.

So I picked up a customer's bike Friday and was completely pissed at it's weight. Regardless of the fact that this bike would nearly fit in my front pocket of my tight skater-boy jeans aka  it was a hardtail 26'' in size "itty bitty". It prompted me to get some lightness incorporated into my bike for the 2011 season, as I don't really have anything else planned for the 2010 season but I am still trying to buy a road bike before next spring also. My weight saving plan is a new X.9 shifting group from SRAM with shifters and mechs and crank. I will probably set it up with Avid BB7 brakes because I love simple mechanical disc brakes. Before the hating starts, I just want to remind you that braking is wusses and you should always "pin it to win it" at all times because if you pedaled uphill for the fun of coming down, why let a little friction between some pads and a rotor spoil that fun. Or in as we saw in the case of Cap'n Endo-lots momentum is usually your friend. Back to my parts pick I have decided to join the masses and get some Stan's rims, if they are ever in stock with our distributor. I will probably lace those to the new x9 hubs as they are lighter than XT hubs. SRAM is also cheaper than Shimano. Cheaper, lighter - DUHer.  As of late nothing is new I have just been trying to get out and ride a little to stay in shape. Without a race on the calendar in the near future it is weird feeling to be riding hard. Obviously there are races that I could put on my calendar but I am not really in the mood to run all around riding my bike in the last few weeks before school starts back up for my final semester.

For any tri geeks or regular ole' weekend warriors keep an eye on your email inbox this month because I know we are going to be sending some cool stuff. If you have never been in the shop, quick making excuses and pop in on your way to Harvester Park or come get a Saturday morning road ride.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts