Rubs and Tubs.

So I have a few quirks and a few oddities.
For starters I am OCD like you wouldn't believe. I mean I am not like the boy wonder or anything but I definitely am picky about stuff. I have a weird thing about hating my t-shirts, I have a long torso so either the shirt is too short or it hangs on my 145 pound frame like sheets on the clothesline. Picture it. Now just be glad when I wear the small shirts I'm not rocking it like this. PS this doesn't exist. You are just out of luck. I digress back to my OCD ways.

Another thing I hate is when someone says a sentence with a question mark at the end. If it is a statement then just say it. Don't be coy and "ask" about it just so someone will answer you "yeah that's right".  I have taken up the phrase "No that wasn't a question, it was a statement".

Moving on with things that make me want to cause bodily harm is when someone pulls out in front of you then turns shortly afterwards. Last night on my bike some guy in a Toyota truck passed me like I was spraying AIDS out of the back of my chamois then turned on the next side street. I counted my seconds til I turned on the same street. 5 seconds. Think of how you might get your Facebook friends list loaded in that time. Sweet baby Jeebus I guess that does make sense.  I am going to start doing that because all those 5 seconds add up to real time to do stuff like read this blog.

I like to make big plates of scrambled eggs loaded with cheese and ham for breakfast. 4 eggs, white cheeses, spices, diced up ham. Damn it tastes good and with a metabolism like mine it might last 2-3 hours if I am lucky.

I also love tp wrap handlebars. It is one of those things that just makes the bike look awesome when you have the wrap stacked on the bar all nice and neat like a row of cork gel soldiers just waiting to be the first defense between your palms and the harsh roads below you. I haven't ventured out and done any two tape wraps yet, but I am sure I will learn this winter. I want to get it dialed so I can wrap my next bike like that.

I get an almost unhealthy level of excitement to glue tubulars. Insert jokes about getting high on the rubber cement here. But I'm not this chick. I couldn't resist. Back to my joy of tubs. You get to get mean on a new tire and stretch it onto a clincher wheel and let it stretch. Then you have to wait overnight. So the next morning you can come in and before lunch, while still running on eggs and ham, I can strip off your old tire (more anger and mean) and then clean up your rim with some high tech stuff - acetone and a rag. Then I put some coats of glue on the tire and the rim. Stretch, center, inflate, more centering. BOOM you did an awesome job that the customer will never appreciate. Sort of like the guy that actually makes the bad ass stuff for NASA so the shuttle can make it to space without imploding and everyone is stoked on the astronauts.

Which is harder, driving the car or fixing one?

That's enough. Maybe later tonight I will post up some stuff with pictures from my real life. Maybe not. I haven't decided.

I kept the last tub I removed and I am going to unsew the tire and pull the tube out and then put it back in and see if I can air it up and it still be rideable. . . . minus the spot where tread is missing because some triathlete slid into transition. . . .

Comments

Popular Posts