iDon't get excited about iJunk.

So my main problem with all this iPhone junk is the way that people are absorbed into their phones as if they are the Holy Grail of everything that is sheer awesomeness. The guys at Apple have definitely done something to the American ego that it really needed. It gave it an expensive, fragile, and disgusting thing to make us love ourselves that much more. Going on a trip and need to know how to get there, some tunes for the drive, and maybe check movies times? Use the iPhone. It does all that shit. While in the car. And it still fits in your pocket. As long you aren't a male packed into a size 5 girls super skinny jean. The problem is if you are going to the movies around the corner from your house you can make it in 2 songs and a commercial for grillz on HOT! 107.1 - The station where hip hop lives in Memphis. I don't need directions. And the movie times are in the newspaper (holy sweet baby jeebus printed material) or on the internet or even better posted on the side of the buidling. While I am impressed by the ability of some people to multitask I just don't have that ability. Furthermore the iPhone takes the adventure out of alot of stuff - the oppostite of what it is desgined to do. Out for a bike ride? Oh snap let me crank on some pandora, put in my head phones, then scream what at you everytime you try to talk to me. Or better yet, I'll answer my phone and ride while talking on the phone. When I get back to my car I'll kill myself. Me and my leg-crushing riding partner/hoss Mama have had this discussion and decided they are selling you a feeling of excitement - because your life sucks. Not to dwell on the swagger wagon, my Focus hatcback is pretty much just a British Racing Green swagger shell on wheels. Or a decent mpg car to haul my broke butt around in. Anyways back to why the iPhone sucks. It is fragile. If you don't believe me ask above mentioned Andrea to throw her phone. Ask her 3 beers later and you better have a hockey mask on. She has a tough phone. My dad has a tough phone. The kind that can ring underwater and shit like that. But I love to have a big fragile screen so when I go down on a road ride not only can I break my Di2 shifter, but my iPhone in my pocket that has EVERY contact, song, todo list, photo, sexting highlights, and my pathetic link to the outside world. I have a phone that is a full touch screen and I absolutely hate it. It gets disgusting. Working on a dirty bike and your phone rings - damn dirty screen. Want to return some missed calls when I get back to the Focus - AKA British Racing Green Swagger Hatch of Pure Win - I have a 2.5 x 4 inch screen of sweat/road grime/sunscreen that I can't read through to make my next call. And I know any screen gets dirty, but there is just so much of it.

Now that I have ranted and rambled I am going to do a few chores around the house I am dog sitting, eat a bowl of oatmeal big enough to cripple a pony - I eat like a horse - and rightfully so. I will drive to my parents house because my dad got a new grill for father's day and wants to load it with once innocent animals for my enjoyment.

When I get there I will do a short road ride that includes a stretch of gravel that once vibrated both my bottle cages lose with cross tires on. Today I will tackle said ride with 700x23s.

I am interested in selling my beater road bike and possibly my SS mountain bike also. If I am in your size range and you are interested then get at me. I need to start saving for my next venture.

Comments

Popular Posts