grapes and war.

I am sitting at my friends  - Ryan and Andrea's house chillaxing with their dogs, eating a big bowl of honey nut cheerios and another bowl full of fresh red grapes. Sweet baby jeebus to have a cupcake right now would be awesome.

Why would you give a shit about what I'm eating? Well maybe you don't. The solution is the red x in the corner of the tab labeled "Bean-Pole On A Bike". Actually I am going to write up my personal experience while taking a supplement known as Oxyelite Pro.

I have been participating in studies with the University of Memphis in order to gain easy money. The first thing I did for them was run a 10k once a week under the influence of a different stimulant each time. The second thing I did was a resting study of the product Oxyelite Pro. The third that I just finished was a chronic study of OEP. The goal was to see if the effects of the stimulant would be suppressed after 14 days of straight use.

My experience with OEP was nothing short of death. I hated the supplement. Imagine taking a pill in the morning that is caffiene. Appetite out the window. Super focused 1000 mile death stare. Always tired (I am crediting that to the fact I was consuming around 2/3 my normal food intake of 3500-4000 calories a day). I had figured out how to trick my body into eating during the day and beating THE MAN (OEP) by eating a large breakfast that was juice, a protein shake, toast, and an omelette. I would get my body in the mood to eat and just make a conscious effort throughout the day to stay on task of snacking and not going all bonk-zilla. Today I had to go to the lab with a 10 hour fast under my belt (pun intended) and then consume the two purple pills of doom.

I zoned out and did the 1000 mile stare before I left the lab this morning. I never really recovered as my day kind of whirled along at break neck speed from lab to parking ticket to apartment to house sitting to shower to a million things at work to house sitting to bike ride to bonk zilla. I did the math and realized I had eaten about 1000 calories all day and maybe sat down for 45 minutes all day at work. It all caught up to me and kicked me square in the ass as I hammered down Wolf River Sand Bar.

'Ole Sandy and me hadn't kicked it since Hurricane Elvis v 2.0 hit Memphis earlier this year. It was brutal. So I turned and burned for the house, trying to be nice as I passed guys in Shelby Farms who were riding sweet bikes.

On a brighter note I received two tips today that made my day.

The first was a pair of NC's baddest boys socks courtesy of BigWheeler. From now I will refer to him as Dr. Big N Hairy. His tires is 29 inches talling and his legs. . . well a picture says a thousand words. For the record Dr. Big N Hairy's legs were not available for a photo shoot as the deadline pushed closer, so I used some stock photos. Pigeons not included on the Dr.

The second thing one of my customers was cool enough to stop by with was an invitation to a family oriented party tomorrow night with a 15,000 dollar firework show and also a gift card to a little greasy spoon in Arlington, TN called "Vinegar Jims".

Comments

  1. First, the blog is looking much nicer. Way to spiff things up a bit.

    Second, I am not photogenic. And I prefer some degree of anonymity. So I offer you this:

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7xK2lVGyfoI/SdN6-LForLI/AAAAAAAAASg/cVTvkcXoutE/s400/yeti01.jpg

    Eat some food boy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts