2010 ORAMM

So the weekend was pretty awesome.
















 Anytime I get to drive through a tunnel I get giddy because you are either underwater or the hill was to big to drive over (read as an awesome place to hang out). Andrea Wilson and I arrive in base camp with some 29er tubes for my acting up wheel that is being less than cooperative at seating up without a rubber in it. Karma 1.9 was giving me some karma for not doing this tire changing crap earlier.







 Note in this picture the tire sealing attempt in vain in the bottom left.





I had opted to go with a tube in it if it didn't seem to be holding air by race morning. I didn't want this to happen - yeah i've used it before, but it's good. During the race I unknowingly heckled the hell out of Team Dickey and was still beaten by an old guy on a rigid bike. WTF? Anrea and I had gotten some top notch intell from a previous finisher. A little better than doubting my training amounts - small they may be they are all quality rides because I'm just soooo good looking. Anyways back to the point we had been told to hammer to the top of Kitsuma to not become part of a fail train (funny around 1:30 to the end) and unlike my travelling companion who had been hiking to the top of 14k feet mountains and racing the Breck100 on her SS in the last two weeks, I had been hammering on the road and tapering so I was feeling super froggy and ready to snap some legs off once we crested Kitsuma.. I kept up a slightly uncomfortable pace coupled with lots of fluid, electrolytes, nom noms of all sorts, and good ole' aid station Coca Cola.














I am real pleased with the fact that I didn't use a Camelbak. The Memphis heat was equal in temp and humidity with what was rabble-frabble post race grumbled as "the worst weather ever at ORAMM" which meant my 3pm rides had been paying off as I was used to downing bottles and sweating salt mines into jersey. I finished in 7:06 which was good enough for 56th overall. 24th in open men. I am super stoked and planning to go back for some more. Post race dirtiness -




































I also channeled some power from Bull City Boys and use some socks that were provided by Dr. Big N Hairy, AKA the Pirate.

Comments

Popular Posts